Welcome

Our Blog is about what we do in Adat Shalom at Camp Ramah. This blog is by Jesse, Talya, Nathan, Maia, and Naomi.



Parents,
Look at what we do everyday. Please look at our posts and comment!















Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Shabbat at Ramah: Piece by Piece

 A little patch-work perspective from each member of the blogging team reflecting a shabbat at Ramah.

 Favorite parts of shabbat: Relaxing and getting dressed   
     On Friday the time came to get dressed for the sabbath. I tried on about three outfits before I found one I liked, (not that I didn't look amazing in the other outfits, but I wanted to wear one that I knew I would be able to wear again after 50 muffins!). My black, knee-length shoulder/collar bone covering dress was amazing. Then I struggled with my hair. Up or down. I wasn't the only one struggling. My counselor Mia asked some questions regarding makeup (like I was listening.) But anyhow my tent-mates Dalia and Natalie N. were fighting over who to do their eyeliner. In the end we all looked beautiful. -By Naomi

Favorite parts of shabbat: The food and free sport time 
     Shabbat dinner was amazing. First we had challah. My tent ate multiple challahas, because they were SO tasty. After, we ate yummy noodle soup and chicken. Everyone loved the shabbat dinner. We all ate our fill of the challah, soup, potatoes, and chicken. -By Talya

Favorite part of shabbat: The food
     On Saturday morning we ate muffins and cereal. We prayed and read Torah. I felt tired, but not for gaga. At the breakfast table we played 50-50 where we needed to eat fifty muffins and fifty cereals a tent. Gaga was fun but difficult. Later on in the afternoon we sang and danced. We also listened to a story about how sometimes you can make exceptions to rules. We had a lot of fun. -By Jesse


Favorite part of shabbat: The Saturday afternoon story
     A good part of shabbat was learning about shabbat. I thought the best part of learning was the story. The story was about enjoying shabbat. The story was interesting because the rabbis in the story were trying to feel the "holy" feeling.  They didn't do anything in the end because they didn't feel anything. The story was a moral. -By Nathan

Favorite parts of shabbat: The kiddish cup, Friday night/Saturday morning food, and Havdallah
     Everyone stood in a circle while they held hands and sung at the same time. The candle was lit and the spices went around. Ahhh... Havdallah. This was definitely my favorite part of shabbat. Once shabbat was over, everyone gathered with their respective tents and got ice cream! I was with my friend and it was so much fun. Everyone then went on to their peulot erev (night activity). My tent went to the whizin to do 80's style Jazzercise! We moved around, stretched, and danced. It was definitely the best Saturday night EVER. -By Maia
 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment