Welcome

Our Blog is about what we do in Adat Shalom at Camp Ramah. This blog is by Jesse, Talya, Nathan, Maia, and Naomi.



Parents,
Look at what we do everyday. Please look at our posts and comment!















Sunday, June 26, 2011

Practice Interview with David Ben Gurion

We had a mock interview with David Ben Guion, the first prime minister of Israel. We researched him and then took turns asking questions about the information. We learned that sometimes what seem like small information can be more important later. This activity helped us prepare for an interview. 


Jesse: How long were you in office?


David BG: I was in office from 1948 to 1954, then 1955 to 1963.


Nathan: Did you ever do military work?


David BG: Yes, I did, as part of my prime minister job. I also worked on national projects.


Maia: When are where were you born? 


David BG: I was born on October 16th, 1886 in Piorisk, Congress Boland.


Talya: How many children did you have? How many?


David BG: Yes, I had three children.


Maia: Were you married? 


David BG: Yes, my wife was named Paula Nurweis and I married her in 1917.


Naomi: What else did you do in your life?


David BG: I was part of the Russian Revolution. 


Nathan: What was your job before becoming the prime minister? 


David BG: I used to be a journalist. 


Jesse: When did you resign and why?


David BG: I resigned in 1954 for personal reasons.


Nathan: What is Zionism and why do you believe in it?


David BG: Zionism is the belief that the Jewish people will have their own homeland. Israel is the chosen homeland for the Jewish people and this is a strong belief that I have. 


We have all learned a lot about the first Israeli prime minister that we wouldn't have known before. 



No comments:

Post a Comment